STONECrew Youth – Grades 7-12
“Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
Youth at Cornerstone have many opportunities to grow in knowledge and relationship with God.
Stay up to date with all things STONECrew with this QR Code
A representative from Dallas Baptist University will be with us this Wednesday in STONECrew Bible Study!
- Sunday School Connect Groups give our young people an opportunity to learn about God and who He is in a small group setting each Sunday morning with a student- centered curriculum from LifeWay.
- Wednesday Night Bible Study provides a safe place for our young people to discover biblical truth and how to apply biblical knowledge to their everyday lives. Grades 7-12 meet in the Charles Clary Fellowship Hall from 7:00 to 8:15 pm.
- Bible Drill is a Southern Baptist Convention program that involves participating students in systematic memorization and location of certain scriptures and doctrinal passages.
- Speakers Tournament provides competitive opportunities for high school students to write and deliver 4-6 minute biblical speeches on provided topics.
- Daughters of Deborah and Sons of Daniel - Theses ministries provide mentoring groups for students in grades 4-12. Mentoring is done in small grade level groups where the boys and girls are led by a team of mentors. The ministries are in session from September to May.
- Youth Ushers - Youth are given the opportunity to serve the church body by serving as ushers during the Sunday morning service once a month.
- Youth Choir is open to young people in grades 6-12. They meet on Wednesday nights from 6:00pm to 7:00pm in the choir room under the direction of Torrey Brown and J.E. McKissic.
- Praise Dance gives young ladies an opportunity to demonstratively worship the Lord in dance according to Psalm 150. Young ladies must be active in a disciple group in order to participate.
Vacation Bible School
Each summer our Youth are given an opportunity to study God’s word together for a week with special activities to enhance their learning surrounding a special theme. This is an effective outreach tool for the church and surrounding community.